Campaign of the Month: November 2011
Avatar: Conquest of the Imperial Order
Chakras are nexuses of metaphysical or biophysical energy within the body. There are seven chakras, each situated at a different location in the body, albeit all located on a central vertical axis. It is derived from Hindu sacred texts.
Each chakra has a purpose and deals with a different emotion. As such, each chakra can be opened and closed depending on a given individual’s state of mind. When a chakra is open, energy is free to flow about the body. On the contrary, energy flow is restricted when a chakra is sealed. The chakras must be opened in a specific order, or the energy will not be able to flow.
The Air Nomads use a series of connected pools as an analogy to the concept of chakras. These pools, representing the chakras, were connected by waterfalls and channels, and were initially blocked by algae or muck, representing an individual’s own emotional debris. Due to this, the water, representing energy stagnated and could no longer pass through the channels. When the clogs of algae were removed, symbolizing the opening of the chakras, it allowed the water to flow through the channels again, streaming through each pool fresh and clear.
These are the chakras in the order one must unlock them. It requires great physical and mental discipline to unlock the chakras
1. Earth Chakra “Muladhara”
- Location: Base of Spine
- Deals With: Survival
- Blocked by: Fear
- Guru Pathik says: What are you most afraid of? Let your fears become clear to you. Do not fear the visions of a time when your life is in danger. You must surrender your fears. Let your fears flow down the creek.
- Indication: Excessive perspiration could be a clear sign that your Earth Chakra is now open. Either that, or you’re meditating in a hot room, and you still have some work to do.
2. Water Chakra “Swadhisthana”
- Location: Pelvis
- Deals With: Pleasure
- Blocked by: Guilt
- Guru Pathik says: Look at all of the guilt that burdens you. What do you blame yourself for? You must accept the reality that things happen. Do not let them cloud and poison your energy. If you are to be a positive influence on the world, then you need to forgive yourself.
- Indication: Are you feeling relieved? (Not that kind of relieved). Emotional relief is an indication that your water chakra is now open.
3. Fire Chakra “Manipura”
- Location: Stomach
- Deals With: Willpower
- Blocked by: Shame
- Guru Pathik says: What are you ashamed of? What are your biggest disappointments in yourself? You will never find balance unless you come to terms with, and acknowledge your shame.
- Indication: If you just burped up today’s lunch (or some more of that onion and banana juice), then your fire chakra is now open.
4. Air Chakra “Anahata”
- Location: Heart
- Deals With: Love
- Blocked by: Grief
- Guru Pathik says: Lay all of your grief out in front of you. You may have felt loss before, but love is a form of energy, and it swirls all around us. Whatever you’ve lost has not left this world, it is still inside of your heart. It is reborn in the form of new love. Let the love flow.
- Indication: If you’re now crying like the a 10 year old girl, then your love chakra is now open. That, or you actually are a 10 year old girl.
5. Sound Chakra “Vishuddah”
- Location: Throat
- Deals With: Truth
- Blocked by: The lies we tell ourselves
- Guru Pathik says: You cannot lie about your own nature. You must accept that you are who you are.
- Indication: Experiencing a newfound satisfaction with yourself and your own nature? Your truth chakra is now open.
6. Light Chakra “Ajna”
- Location: Center of Forehead
- Deals With: Insight
- Blocked by: Illusion
- Guru Pathik says: The greatest illusion in this world is the illusion of separation. The things you think are separate, are actually one and the same. All nations are one people, but we live as if divided. We’re all connected. Everything is a different part of the same whole.
- Indication: If you’re feeling more connected to the world, then your insight is open. If not, then you’re still just as deceived as when we started. Keep trying.
7. Thought Chakra “Sahasrara”
- Location: Crown of the Head
- Deals With: Pure Cosmic Energy
- Blocked by: Earthly Attachment
- Guru Pathik says: Meditate on what attaches you to this world. Now, let all of those attachments go. Let them flow down the river, forgotten. You must surrender your attachments before the cosmic energy of the universe can flow through you.
- Indication: You can now go in and out of the Spirit World in certain places through Meditation.
( Avatar: You can now access the Avatar state at will and have complete control of your actions)